Western Union is one of the global leaders in the market of international money transfers with more than 160-year history. The international network of the company covers more than 200 countries and 550 000 agent locations. The company's services are also available in 150 000 ATMs all over the world. In 2017 the turnover amounted to $300 billion, and the number of transactions exceeded 800 million. WU completed an average of 32 transactions each second in 2017.
Send and receive money
With Western Union sending and receiving money is convinient and simple. At WU one can send money in a variety of ways:
- Online through WU website;
- Via WU app on Android and iOS;
- In person by visiting any of numerous agent locations worldwide;
- By phone in the US with assistance of WU team.
Money transfers can be received in the following ways:
- In cash in any agent location. State ID and MTCN-tracking number are required;
- Bank account;
- Mobile wallet in some markets;
- Pre-paid card in the selected markets.
Additional services include bill payments and money orders, which are an alternative to checks.
Restrictions on money transfers
• Within one operational day, the residents of the Russian Federation can send abroad not more than $5 000 or the equivalent.
• Money transfers in Russia are carried out only in rubles.
• Sending remittances is available only to individuals and not intended for use in commercial and business purposes, for the purchase of real estate and investment activities.